BELGIAN RISK MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (BELRIM)
BELRIM’s objectives are:
On a national level
- allow risk and insurance managers to share their experiences and to discuss opportunities. To facilitate this,
- BELRIM invites specialists in Risk and Insurance Management on a monthly basis to the BELRIM Exchanges for its members.
- BELRIM organises project related work groups on various topics to inform its members about the evolution on the insurance market, risk management, the new legal provisions and to defend their point of view in the concerned fields.
- BELRIM is a technical networking platform for its members where risk managers can get advice from their peers.
- BELRIM takes an active part in seminars and conferences in collaboration with other organisations and associations.
- The BELRIM Scientific Committee encourages the development of Risk Management through its contacts with the academic world.
- act as a spokesperson with regard to the authorities and other professional associations, such as IIABel, NBN, IAB, UPCA, FEB/VOB, ASSURALIA, FSMA.
Since 1992, the Insurance Commission has recognised the role of BELRIM by giving them a seat reserved for the Insureds (from Industry and Commerce)
On an international level
- BELRIM is a member of and actively involved in the European Federation of Risk Management (FERMA), a platform dedicated to the exchange of information among the different national associations of more than 20 European countries. FERMA organises a two-yearly congress, called Risk Management Forum, the meeting place for risk managers, brokers, insurers, experts and consultants.
- BELRIM is a member of the International Federation of Risk and Insurance Managers Associations (IFRIMA) – New York founded in 1984 – in order to promote and defend the practice of risk management worldwide.